Life is a celebration of infinite possibilities!


19 May 2010: Bangkok

15 May 1998, I was at the top floor of Syarif Thayeb Building, Trisakti University. In front of me was a city in inferno. Black thick smokes filled the city sky like a dark spell from hell. I sat, I could feel my nerves shrinking and there was a feeling, an eerie feeling that hard to be described. It was a lost  maybe, sadness and denial. I was not an activist, nor any member of student movement. Just an ordinary student in his last year trapped in the darkest moment of history.

19 May 2010, I was in Bangkok witnessing its darkest moment. I saw things unfolded in sequences that feels so familiar. The hatred, the raging inferno and that black thick smokes overwhelming the city like a dark spell from hell. As I walked back to my condo that eerie feeling come to me again. A feeling that still hard to be described. Maybe a lost, sadness and denial.

I never know for sure.


Bangkok, 20 May 2010
For Jan with tons of thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment